Monday, December 22, 2014

Welcome to my new blog!

A couple days before Christmas, I'm launching a new blog, "Infancy Gospels." As the subtitle says, it focuses on "the stories of Jesus' birth in history, tradition, and culture." A bit more specifically, it begins with the New Testament narratives about Jesus' birth, the proliferation of legends about his birth and childhood in early Christian circles (these apocryphal infancy gospels being my main academic specialty), and the evolution of what we now know as the Christmas holiday in all its beauty, schmaltz, and controversy.

On any given day, I will be posting about my ongoing research on the apocryphal early Christian infancy gospels, news items about the celebration of Christmas, book recommendations, my favorite Christmas songs, and so forth.

So let's get the festivities underway with a few posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment